having done the 6th month anniversary and 1000th post i thought to myself “why am i doing this”.
i hope this doesn’t all sound pompous. i wasn’t going to do a ‘why do i do it page’ but have found them useful when visiting other people’s blogs:
here are my thoughts:
1) i think i have a fantastic life. i’ve got a great family, we go to a great church, we’ve got great friends, we love where we live, i enjoy my job and like my colleagues, i even (mostly) enjoy my journey to and from work. All in all i have a good time and i want to share it with you the reader !
2) i’ve got an INCREDIBLY poor memory for events. blogging stuff helps remind me of what we did when.
3) it’s a useful way to keep our relatives and friends up to date on our daily activities.
4) many bizarre things happen to me. if i didn’t write them down they’d soon be forgotten. they are inconsequential but of potential comedy value to someone.
5) i’m a compulsive photographer and like most photographers need somewhere to display my photos.
6) my faith is the most important thing in my life. i’m an evangelical christian and i want to share (occasionally) what that means. i’m not going to ram it down anyone’s throat, but since this blog covers my whole life then it’s bound to come up. besides, i’d like nothing more than for you to know the fantastic freedom of having a personal relationship with God through Jesus ! yeah – i’m heaven bound (sermon over)
7) i suffer(ed) from chronic pain, and maybe i’ll write about that occasionally and that may be an encouragement to anyone else in lots of pain.
8) it’s fun and i get a buzz from receiving comments on stuff i say !