Monthly Archives: July 2009
i’m wondering about what do with the funkypancake blog, so i’d value some feedback !
it’s been going for over 6 years and i haven’t changed the format (or content for that matter) much over that time. We’ve got some major life changing events on the horizon, so now seemed a good time to review where it’s at
here are some questions you could cut and paste in to an email and ping back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* can you still be bothered to look at all this stuff ?
* how often do you read it ?
* and how – on a proper computer or a mobile phone etc ?
* do you look at the webpage or read via an RSS reader ?
* are there too many / too few pictures every day ?
* what sorts of pictures work best ?
* would you like to see other life ramblings interspersed – eg my twitters etc ?
* would you like a little bit more life updating, which might involve some blog posts of just words.
* do you have any thoughts on better ways of displaying my wares ?
* are there any better design options or ways of doing the site that could make things easier ?
* are pages too slow to load ?
* what’s your favourite vegetable and why ?
* why don’t people leave comments any more ? is it simply too tricky to work out how to do it or is there actually no one there ?
so there you go. words. a rare thing on funkypancake. please send me an email and tell me what you think ! i’ll give you a week to reply and i’ll attempt to do some redesigning week after next
update: by the way, do include a link to your own webpage/twitter etc and/or if you know any good sites you think i might be interested in. and i promise not to spam your email address