wood work

i mended our summer house this evening. Nothing too tricky (otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to do it) – it was just replacing the decking at the front.
To get the old decking out I had to chisel out some old bits of wood. Esther asked me what the tool which looked like a screwdriver was. I told her it was called a chisel.
“Why do you call it a twissel ?” she replied
“I don’t” i said.
but a “hammer and twissel” has a nice right to it. prancing carpenters. that’s the future (perhaps I should commission a series on this for daytime TV)
here’s what it looks like now (the decking on the front step is the bit you have to be impressed by!)